BISMARCK PARKS & REC DISTRICT'S RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SAFE USE OF PARKS
Parks are essential resources for health and wellness; BPRD hopes to answer any questions and concerns about visiting parks, trails, boat ramps or open spaces with the following statement:
At this time, there are no restrictions on the use of local parks, trails, boat ramps and open spaces. There are a few BPRD park spaces that are not yet opened due to seasonal restrictions.
BPRD encourages all outdoor space enthusiasts to take part in outdoor recreation and to follow these recommendations:
· Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
· Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
· Prepare for limited access to public restrooms, portable restrooms or water fountains.
· While on trails, warn other users of your presence and step aside to let others pass.
· If you are on a playground or are using outdoor fitness equipment, please practice social distancing and use your own hand sanitizer when you are done. You may also choose to use your own bacterial wipes to wipe off any surfaces prior to playing.
· Having dogs in a park, trail, boat ramp or open space is allowed, but residents are reminded that dogs are required to be on a leash at all times in accordance with city ordinances.
· Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
· Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
· A complete list of Bismarck’s 60 parks, 52 playgrounds and 75+ miles of trails can be found at www.bisparks.org.